Alcohol-Free Holiday Drink Recipes
• 2 cups cranberry juice cocktail
• 2 cups apple juice
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons orange juice
• 3 whole cloves
• 2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
• 2 cups water
• Orange rind curls (optional)
1. Combine first 7 ingredients in a saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 30 minutes. Remove cloves and cinnamon sticks from pan with a slotted spoon. Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with orange rind curls, if desired.
• 6 eggs (separated)
• ½ cup sugar
• 4 cup milk
• ¼ t. salt
• 2 cup whipping cream
• 2 t. non-alcoholic vanilla extract, nutmeg
1. Take your separated eggs and beat egg yolks until light. Add in half of the sugar and then beat thoroughly.
2. You will need to scald the milk and stir slowly into the egg yolks. Cook this mixture slowly over low heat until mixture coats metal spoon, stirring constantly.
3. Chill several hours before serving . Add the salt to egg whites and beat until stiff, gradually adding in the remaining ¼ cup sugar.
4. Fold the egg whites into the egg custard mixture. Whip the cream and fold into the egg custard mixture also.
5. Now add in the vanilla and chill for several hours. To serve this wonderful eggnog, ladle into punch cups and sprinkle with nutmeg lightly
10 servings, about 1 cup each, 169 calories per serving. Carbohydrate Servings, 3. Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 other carbohydrates
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
• 1 cup water
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
• 3 pears, chopped into bite-size pieces, divided
• 2 quarts apple cider
• 1 lemon, halved and sliced
• 1 tablespoon ground allspice
• 1 cup fresh cranberries
• 2 tablespoons non-alcoholic vanilla extract
1. Combine water, sugar, ginger and 1 pear in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Strain out the solids and return the mixture to the pan.
2. Add the remaining pears, cider, lemon and allspice and heat over medium-high heat, stirring often, for 15 minutes.
3. Add cranberries and vanilla and reduce the heat to medium-low (the liquid should be simmering, not boiling). Let simmer for 10 minutes more. Serve in heat-safe mugs.
Tips & Notes
Make Ahead Tip: Let cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Reheat on the stove top over low heat or in the microwave on Medium.