About Silver Hill
An Environment of Care
Silver Hill is an independent, not-for-profit psychiatric hospital that is nationally accredited by the independent Joint Commission. Silver Hill has been a standout among the top psychiatric hospitals in Connecticut and beyond, for adults and adolescents, since it’s founding in 1931.
Exploring Silver Hill
- Clinical Team & Staff – Get acquainted with our outstanding clinicians and staff. Their credentials are impeccable and their training intense. More than that, they genuinely care about the individuals they treat.
- Our History – Our highlights since 1931, as we build a renown treatment destination on one beautiful campus for those seeking relief from cognitive, behavioral and emotional disorders.
- Our Campus & Houses – View the healing environment of Silver Hill, the integration of our beautiful and tranquil campus with comprehensive care.
- Location & Visiting Hours – When to visit Silver Hill and how to get to campus.
- Board of Directors – A listing of the Board of Directors, leaders from across a wide spectrum of expertise.
- Careers – See Silver Hill’s career opportunities, for individuals who have a passion to make a difference in the lives of our patients.
- Volunteer – How you can join us as an integral part of Silver Hill in support of our patients, their families and our staff. We are eager to create a role that allows you to give back and use your talents and skills.
- Support for Silver Hill – Your philanthropy can help us meet and exceed the goals of our mission, changing lives along the way. Please consider making a contribution in support of the good work of Silver Hill Hospital, knowing that your gift really does make a difference.
A Nationally Recognized Institution
Founded in 1931, Silver Hill Hospital has been treating patients from around the country and around the world for many decades. The quality of our care is recognized by governing bodies in the field, and is a reflection of the depth and expertise of our team and the outcomes we achieve.
Accreditations and Memberships
Silver Hill Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and is recognized as a member of the National Association for Behavioral Healthcare and the Connecticut Hospital Association. Silver Hill Hospital, and our physicians, contribute to and hold professional memberships with the most significant national and regional organizations in the field, including: American Psychiatric Association (APA), American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry (AAAP), American Society for Addiction Medicine (ASAM), American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP), William Alanson White Psychoanalytic Society, Columbia University Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research, and the Western New England Psychoanalytic Institute and Society.
Our physician team includes 21 Psychiatrists, all recognized by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology as Board Certified in Adult Psychiatry, representing the highest degree of education and training in the United States. Additional specializations represented by the SHH team include board certifications in Addiction Psychiatry, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Geriatric Psychiatry, and Sleep Medicine. Four Silver Hill Hospital physicians hold doctoral degrees (PhDs), earned through advanced study and original research, and our Chief Nursing Officer holds a doctoral degree in Nursing.
Silver Hill Hospital physicians hold Faculty positions at several Medical Schools, extending our reach and contributing to research, clinical work, and thought leadership in the treatment of addiction and psychiatric disorders. These institutions include Yale University School of Medicine, Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons (Columbia University School of Medicine), University of Maryland School of Medicine, and University of New Mexico School of Medicine.
Accreditations & Accolades
Licensed by the State of Connecticut as a Hospital for the Mentally Ill
Accredited by The Joint Commission for:
Hospital Accreditation Program
Behavioral Health Program
Opioid Treatment Program
Certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (Medicare only)
Getting to Know Silver Hill Hospital
From their first day on campus through outpatient follow-up, Silver Hill patients receive thorough, clinically astute treatment from a staff of expert clinicians.Meet our clinicians
Levels of Care
Silver Hill offers three levels of care: inpatient, transitional living and outpatient treatment. Take a look at these programs to see where you might fit in.Explore our levels of care
What We Treat
Our broad range of services and therapies allow flexible treatment planning specific to each patient’s needs.Learn more about what we treat