For those in treatment for psychiatric illness and addiction at Silver Hill, the typical course of action is a combination of medication and psychotherapy. Our ability to individualize our treatment approach to suit the needs of each individual patient sets Silver Hill apart from other private mental health institutions.
We also offer alternative and complementary therapies that are often beneficial to patients when incorporated into their overall treatment plans. These practices are clinically proven to help alleviate symptoms of illnesses and reinforce therapeutic skills, when used in conjunction with primary treatment.
Our individualized treatment plans may include the following Traditional Therapies, Alternative Therapies and Complementary Therapies.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Remediation
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Medical Detoxification
- Motivational Interviewing
- Nutrition Counseling
- Pharmacologic Therapies
- Psychosocial Skills Training
- Structured Treatment Environment
- Craniosacral Massage
- Mat Pilates
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Music Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Tai Chi
- Art Therapy
- Therapeutic Horticulture Program